Find and book
parking in Aberdeen
Aberdeen is the UK’s most northerly major city and a gateway to some of Scotland’s most rugged and breath-taking landscape. Stunning scenery aside Aberdeen is also a major centre for Scottish history, trade, and culture. It’s a fabulous place to visit, full of things to do and places to see while also being a great location to use as a base to go exploring Northern Scotland.
We wanted to make sure that whatever reason you’re visiting Aberdeen, whether you’re looking to pre-book or simply searching for reliable pay and display space, we could help.
Aberdeen is famous for its granite architecture, miles of stunning coastline, castle, ruins, standing stones, and space to get involved in almost every outdoor activity you can think of.
Whether you’re a fan of hiking, a foodie looking for new experiences, or just want a new city to explore on your route further North, Aberdeen has something for everyone.
With its cobbled old town, picturesque fishing community, busy port, amazing food scene and stunning coastline. Aberdeen lets you straddle that line between city break and country escape perfectly, while also being near to some incredible driving roads if you want to explore by car.
Top 6 things to do in Edinburgh
1. Castles – From the royal residence of Balmoral to ruins of hillforts, mansions and more, Aberdeenshire has been home to a staggering 263 castles throughout its history. Many still exist and are set within fantastic estates, making them perfect for day trips.
2. Old Town – Old Aberdeen is one of the original hearts of the city, built around the cathedral and is now home to quaint cobbled streets and cafes, making it a fabulous place to spend a morning exploring before getting a coffee.
3. Distilleries – Aberdeenshire has a wealth of whiskey distilleries, eight in total. Several of them offer tours, making them a fantastic destination for whiskey fans who want to look at the process and maybe enjoy a wee dram (responsibly of course).
4. Footdee – Sometimes called “Fittie” by the locals, this is a small former fishing community at the end of a lovely walk along the beach. This is a picturesque and unusual place to visit, perfect if you’re looking for something a little out of the ordinary.
5. The Munros – Aberdeenshire is home to tonnes of incredible scenery, a real hiker’s paradise with 30 of Scotland’s Munros to climb. It’s possible to book walking and hiking tours to explore and bag the Munros safely.
6. The Cairngorms – Aberdeen isn’t far from the Cairngorm National Park. The UK’s largest national park and one of the country’s most beautiful locations, home to fantastic walking trails, wildlife, and things to do.
Parking in Aberdeen
Like a lot of cities, parking can be in high demand which makes finding a reliable parking space difficult. Plenty of places exist to park, but spaces fill up quickly in such a busy city.
Finding somewhere to park, and somewhere affordable are very different things, with parking in Aberdeen being notoriously expensive. Luckily, we can help.
Using our Evology Parking app we can help you easily find secure, affordable parking across Darlington.
Electric vehicle charging points in Aberdeen
Aberdeen is a city that’s embracing the next generation of travel, and that includes EVs.
We’re bringing the future of EV charging to Aberdeen – we make it easy for you to find our chargers, plug-in and pay. Our Evology charging network consists of a range of destination chargers meaning you can enjoy your visit to the city whilst easily charging your car.
- Locate EV chargers across Aberdeen
- Check the cost of charging in advance
- Easily pay for your charge session
- View charging progress whilst on the move
Disabled parking in Aberdeen
Aberdeen offers several disabled parking options, with Blue Badge holders permitted to park for free in council-managed car parks and on-street pay-and-display spots. By downloading the Evology parking app you can find out all the details for our car parks and check not only for accessible parking, but also which sites have accessible facilities on site or nearby.
Pre-booking your space in advance makes your journey smoother and ensures you aren’t worrying about where to park.
Public transport in Aberdeen
Aberdeen is also home to some fabulous public transport links. Trains run in and out of the city all day, making commuting a doddle. It’s also reachable easily by road. Plus, when you’re there, tour groups run around the city and beyond helping you explore easily by bus or coach.
Download our Evology Parking App today!
✓ Pay for parking in a way that suits you
✓ Pre-book your parking space in advance
✓ Plan your trips to cut down on stress
✓ Power over parking in the palm of your hand
Book your space
Easily book your parking space in advance
Park up & pay
Park up and pay across thousands of spaces
Easily find chargers
Find easy-to-use EV chargers across the city