Find and book
parking in Cambridge
Cambridge is home to one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious universities. Like many cities, parking is often at a premium.
We wanted to make sure that whether you’re looking to pre-book or simply searching for reliable pay and display space we could help.
Alongside thousands of car parking spaces, we are also building a reliable EV network, so it’s never been simpler to find somewhere to top up your battery.
As if being home to some of the world’s most well-known universities wasn’t enough, Cambridge is a city filled with incredible history, rich culture, museums, galleries, and technical innovation.
Whether you’re visiting to study, work or simply explore Cambridge is a stunning place to get lost in. There’s so much stunning architecture, the university campus alone combines incredible buildings from centuries ago with green spaces and modern design.
Top 5 things to do in Cambrige
1. The Eagle Pub – An important pub for scientists and scholars, it was here in 1953 that scientists announced they’d unlocked secrets around our understanding of DNA, which is impressive, and still one of the less outlandish claims made in a pub.
2. Punting – Cambridge is well known for its boat race that takes place against Oxford, but the city is home to a much more sedate activity. Punting tours let you relax on a boat as someone steers you along the river which is a great way to see more of the city at a leisurely pace and take the sights.
3. Museums – With so much history and learning taking place in and around Cambridge, it’s no surprise the city is home to an array of museums and galleries, these are a lovely way to pass the time if you want a more chilled-out day.
4. Cycling – Loads of people cycle in Cambridge, it’s one of the best ways to get around the city. If you’re a keen cyclist and want to explore the city, one of the best ways to do it is via a bike tour.
5. Cambridge University – The university dominates so much of the city, and there are campus tours that let you explore, learn about the legends and traditions of the place, and see some of the stunning architecture up close, like the Bridge of Sighs or the stunning front court of King’s College.
Parking in Cambridge
Like a lot of cities, there’s little to no on-street parking, with car parking spaces across the city centre being in high demand. There are still plenty of places to park, but spaces fill up quickly in such a busy city.
Finding somewhere to park, and somewhere affordable are very different things, with parking in Cambridge being notoriously expensive. Luckily, we can help.
Using our Evology Parking app we can help you easily find secure, affordable parking across Cambridge.
Electric vehicle charging points in Cambridge
Cambridge is a city that’s embracing the next generation of travel, and that includes EVs.
We’re bringing the future of EV charging to Cambridge – we make it easy for you to find our chargers, plug-in and pay. Our Evology charging network consists of a range of destination chargers meaning you can enjoy your visit to the city whilst easily charging your car.
- Locate EV chargers across Cambridge
- Check the cost of charging in advance
- Easily pay for your charge session
- View charging progress whilst on the move
Disabled parking in Cambridge
In any student location, accessibility is crucial. Thankfully Cambridge offers several disabled parking options, with Blue Badge holders permitted to park for free in council-managed car parks and on-street pay-and-display spots. By downloading the Evology parking app you can find out all the details for our car parks and check not only for accessible parking but also which sites have accessible facilities on site or nearby.
Pre-booking your space in advance makes your journey smoother and makes sure you aren’t worrying about where to park.
Public transport in Cambridge
Cambridge is also home to some fabulous public transport links. Trains run in and out of the city all day and London isn’t far, making commuting a doddle. But, if you want to drive in, one trick to beat the busy inner-city parking is to park further out and hop on one of the several park and rides that serve the city centre or jump on a bike.
Download our Evology Parking App today!
✓ Pay for parking in a way that suits you
✓ Pre-book your parking space in advance
✓ Plan your trips to cut down on stress
✓ Power over parking in the palm of your hand
Book your space
Easily book your parking space in advance
Park up & pay
Park up and pay across thousands of spaces
Easily find chargers
Find easy-to-use EV chargers across the city