Find and book
parking in Cumbria
When you think of incredible scenery in the UK, there are few places as stunning as the Lake District, and Cumbria in general.
Cumbria is filled with breath-taking scenery, cosy pubs, quaint villages, and fantastic hiking routes. For anyone visiting we wanted to make sure that whether you’re looking to pre-book or simply searching for reliable pay and display space we could help.
Alongside thousands of car parking spaces, we are also building a reliable EV network, so it’s never been simpler to find somewhere to top up your battery.
Evology is live in Cumbria
Cumbria is home to one of the UK’s biggest areas of outstanding natural beauty in the Lake District. This is the UK’s largest national park, a thriving area for wildlife, greenery, and perfect for anyone who’s looking for a way to get back to nature and relax.
There’s more to Cumbria than the Lakes though, the county is a gateway into Scotland. Carlisle is the largest city in the county and the whole place is easily accessible through road networks that let you take in the stunning landscape.
Cumbria is almost made to explore, and has something for everyone, from chances to your hands dirty and try outdoor pursuits, boating and climbing. You’ve got mountains, hills caves and miles of gorgeous coastline to wander around. Or, if you’re looking for something more relaxing there are loads of spas, fantastic country hotels and incredible places to eat.
Top 6 things to do in Cumbria
1. Windermere – The biggest lake in the district and the largest lake in England. Windermere is a tourist hotspot, with boat tours, bars, cafes and more.
2. Coniston – Coniston is a little more sedate, but still a fantastic Lake to explore, especially if anyone is a fan of speed and wanting to look into the water speed records that took place there.
3. Keswick – One of the larger towns in the Lake District it’s an idyllic stop after a hike around Derwent Water, with loads of pubs, cafes, and places to grab a snack. It’s also home to the Derwent Pencil Museum, where you can see giant pencils and a replica graphite mine.
4. Grasmere – Another lovely village. Known for its gingerbread (seriously, if you go, get the gingerbread). Full of tea rooms, stunning views and is a starting point for a
5. Carlisle – Maybe you want to get out of the countryside for a bit and head to a city? Carlisle is the biggest city in Cumbria and packed with things to do, the castle is definitely worth a visit.
6. Whitehaven – If you’re more a fan of the sea than a lake, then Whitehaven could be the place for you. This lovely port town is full of picturesque coastline, perfect for walking the dog or just getting some fresh air.
Parking in Cumbria
Like a lot of mainly rural areas, there’s little to no on-street parking, with car parking spaces in popular areas being in high demand. There are still plenty of places to park, but spaces fill up quickly in such a busy city.
Finding somewhere to park, and somewhere affordable are very different things, with parking in Cumbria being notoriously expensive. Luckily, we can help.
Using our Evology Parking app we can help you easily find secure, affordable parking for your visit to Cumbria.
Electric vehicle charging points in Cumbria
Cumbria is embracing the next generation of travel, and that includes EVs.
We’re bringing the future of EV charging to Cumbria – we make it easy for you to find our chargers, plug-in and pay. Our Evology charging network consists of a range of destination chargers meaning you can enjoy your visit to the city whilst easily charging your car.
- Locate EV chargers across Cumbria
- Check the cost of charging in advance
- Easily pay for your charge session
- View charging progress whilst on the move
Disabled parking in Cumbria
Cumbria offers several disabled parking options, with Blue Badge holders permitted to park in a variety of locations. By downloading the Evology parking app you can find out all the details for our car parks and check not only for accessible parking but also which sites have accessible facilities on site or nearby.
Pre-booking your space in advance makes your journey smoother and makes sure you aren’t worrying about where to park.
Public transport in Cumbria
Cumbria is at times quite remote, but there are trains, buses and even boat taxis to help you get around. It’s easier to drive to Cumbria, then explore your destination on foot, if you want to drive in, one thing to keep in mind is the weather, as sometimes roads can flood and routes become inaccessible, so definitely do your research before you set off.
Download our Evology Parking App today!
✓ Pay for parking in a way that suits you
✓ Pre-book your parking space in advance
✓ Plan your trips to cut down on stress
✓ Power over parking in the palm of your hand
Book your space
Easily book your parking space in advance
Park up & pay
Park up and pay across thousands of spaces
Easily find chargers
Find easy-to-use EV chargers across the city