Find and book
parking in Edinburgh
Whether you are looking to pre-book parking in Edinburgh, or simply want to find a reliable pay and display space, we have stress-free parking in the city covered. Alongside thousands of car parking spaces, we are also building a reliable EV network, so no matter what vehicle you are driving, let’s make your visit to Edinburgh an easy one.
One of the UK’s most instantly recognisable cities, Edinburgh is home to many of the UK’s most famous landmarks, from its imposing castle and famous Royal Mile to the famous Fringe Festival that’s launched the careers of some of our favourite entertainers.
Edinburgh is a fantastic place to use as a base to explore Scotland from, with great road and rail links, making getting here easy.
There’s loads to do in the city, not just during major events like The Fringe, Burn’s Night, or Hogmanay. There are tonnes of history, museums, buried streets and more in the Old Town. Then there’s all the shopping and incredible places to eat and drink, making Edinburgh a go-to destination for foodies.
With stunning scenery all around and tonnes to get up it’s a wonderful place to spend a few days exploring.
Top 5 things to do in Edinburgh
1. Royal Botanic Gardens – This breathtaking, 70-acre garden is home to some of the most stunning plants from around the globe. If the weather is on your side this is a brilliant way to get some fresh air, enjoy incredible views and get a bit closer to nature.
2. Edinburgh Castle – Iconic, from the walk up the hill to the guns, to the history that runs throughout the place, if you’ve never been before it should be a key part of your trip.
3. Edinburgh Zoo – A little outside the city, but easily reachable, the zoo is a fantastic day out and home to Sir Nils Olav – the highest-ranking penguin in the Norwegian Army (no we didn’t just make that up!)
4. Royal Mile – Interesting shops, cafes and more. The Royal Mile is frequently full of street performers, events and more, especially during the summer months.
5. Arthur’s Seat – One of the most dominating features of Edinburgh’s skyline is Arthur’s seat. You can get incredible views of the city and further afield from up there. A great way to blow away the cobwebs and start your day is with a trip up to the top of the seat.
Parking in Edinburgh
Like other bustling cities, there’s little to no on-street parking, with parking spaces across the city centre being in high demand. With students, workers and tourists heading into the city every day spaces fill up fast.
Finding somewhere to park, and somewhere affordable are very different things, with city centre parking being notoriously pricey across the UK, not just in Edinburgh. Luckily, we can help.
Electric vehicle charging points in Edinburgh
Edinburgh is embracing the next generation of travel, and that includes EVs.
We’re bringing the future of EV charging to the city – we make it easy for you to find our chargers, plug-in and pay. Our Evology charging network consists of a range of destination chargers meaning you can enjoy your visit to the city whilst easily charging your car.
- Locate EV chargers across Edinburgh
- Check the cost of charging in advance
- Easily pay for your charge session
- View charging progress whilst on the move
Disabled parking in Edinburgh
Edinburgh offers several disabled parking options, with Blue Badge holders permitted to park for free in council-managed car parks and on-street pay-and-display spots. By downloading the Evology parking app you can find out all the details for our car parks and check not only for accessible parking, but also which sites have accessible facilities on site or nearby.
Pre-booking your space in advance makes your journey smoother journey and makes sure you aren’t worrying about where to park.
Public transport in Edinburgh
Edinburgh is also home to some fabulous public transport links. Trains run in and out of the centre of the city all day, making commuting a doddle. But, if you want to drive in, one trick to beat the busy inner-city parking is to park further out and hop on a bus into the city centre.
The tram and bus network is massive, making it so you can get pretty much anywhere and beat the traffic in the process.
Download our Evology Parking App today!
✓ Pay for parking in a way that suits you
✓ Pre-book your parking space in advance
✓ Plan your trips to cut down on stress
✓ Power over parking in the palm of your hand
Book your space
Easily book your parking space in advance
Park up & pay
Park up and pay across thousands of spaces
Easily find chargers
Find easy-to-use EV chargers across the city