Find and book
parking in Exeter
Welcome to the county seat of Devon, a city that acts as a gateway to stunning scenery, fascinating history, gorgeous coastlines and for many, fond holiday destinations.
As a city known for universities, business, and a thoroughfare for tourists, we wanted to make sure that whatever reason you have for visiting Exeter we could help you make the most of your stay through pre-booking or simply searching for reliable pay and display parking space.
Alongside providing access to thousands of car parking spaces, we are also building a reliable EV network, so it’s never been simpler to find somewhere to top up your battery.
Evology is live in Exeter
Whether you’re here to shop, work, learn or you’re just passing through, Exeter is a city with tonnes to offer. The city has a rich history, going back to Roman times, before becoming a key location throughout history covering everything from the Vikings and the Tudors.
Exeter has changed over time but there are still signs of its longevity everywhere you look, from old Tudor houses and ruins to the cathedral and the constantly growing student community based around the universities.
If you’re visiting the Southwest and want a strong base to explore from, Exeter is a fantastic option, with great road and rail links from the city helping you to get wherever you need to.
Top 5 things to do in Exeter
1. The House That Moved – One of Exeter’s most fascinating landmarks, The House That Moved was built in the 1400s and is potentially one of the oldest private homes in the UK. In the 1960’s the house was due to be demolished to make way for a road, but instead was painstakingly moved 70 meters up a road to where it is currently located. It’s a great building to go and look at if you’re a fan of old architecture, but it’s made better by the slightly bonkers story that goes along with it.
2. Nightlife – Exeter is a prominent city for students, which is why the city is filled with plenty of clubs, bars and restaurants giving you tonnes to do on a night out.
3. Rougemont Castle – The ruins of Rougemont Castle are an important landmark in Exeter. This is where the last trial for Witchcraft took place in the UK and the castle was also mentioned in Shakespeare’s Richard III. There isn’t much of the building left, but it is another location in Exeter with a fascinating history to dive into.
4. Powderham Castle – Located just outside Exeter, Powderham Castle is a fantastic stately home that’s home to different events and activities throughout the year, including concerts and Christmas markets. If you’re staying in Exeter looking at what’s on at the castle can be a good starting point if you’re looking for things to do as a day out.
5. Exeter Cathedral – A central point within Exeter the cathedral has been a prominent fixture within the city since 1050!
Parking in Exeter
Trying to find somewhere to park in a city when you’re unprepared or part-way through a road trip can be tricky. There’s usually limited on-street parking in a city, with car parking spaces being in high demand.
Finding somewhere to park, and somewhere affordable are very different things, with parking in cities sometimes being quite expensive. Luckily, we can help.
Using our Evology Parking app we can help you easily find secure, affordable parking for your visit to Exeter.
Electric vehicle charging points in Exeter
The way people travel is evolving, and Exeter is a place that’s embracing changes to the ways we get around, including EV.
We’re bringing the next generation of EV charging to Exeter – we make it easy for you to find our chargers, plug-in and pay. Our Evology charging network is built around destination chargers meaning you can enjoy your visit to the city whilst easily charging your car.
- Locate EV chargers across Exeter
- Check the cost of charging in advance
- Easily pay for your charge session
- View charging progress whilst on the move
Disabled parking in Exeter
Exeter offers several disabled parking options, with Blue Badge holders permitted to park for free in council-managed car parks and on-street pay-and-display spots. By downloading the Evology parking app you can find out all the details for our car parks and check not only for accessible parking but also which sites have accessible facilities on site or nearby.
Pre-booking your space in advance makes your journey smoother and makes sure you aren’t worrying about where to park.
Public transport in Exeter
Exeter is also home to some fabulous public transport links. Trains run in and out of the city all day and connect you to most of the UK, there are also fantastic road links. The city is served by loads of public transport too, so if you wanted to beat traffic one option could be to park further out and then catch a bus into the city centre.
Download our Evology Parking App today!
✓ Pay for parking in a way that suits you
✓ Pre-book your parking space in advance
✓ Plan your trips to cut down on stress
✓ Power over parking in the palm of your hand
Book your space
Easily book your parking space in advance
Park up & pay
Park up and pay across thousands of spaces
Easily find chargers
Find easy-to-use EV chargers across the city