Find and book
parking in Manchester
Whether you are looking to pre-book parking in Manchester, or simply want to find a reliable pay and display space, we have stress-free parking in the city covered. Alongside thousands of car parking spaces, we are also building a reliable EV network, so no matter what vehicle you are driving, let’s make your visit to Manchester an easy one.
One of the UK’s most vibrant and bustling cities, Manchester has something for everyone, making it a perfect place for a weekend away or the ideal base to explore the rest of the UK from.
A city famous for its love of football, and whether you fall on the blue side and head to the Etihad or Old Trafford and the red side of town, it’s a rivalry that’s always lively and gives the city its own unique feel.
Whether you want to explore the city’s rich musical heritage as the home of Oasis, The Stone Roses and Take That to name a few. Or explore the amazing shopping across The Arndale, Deansgate and the nearby Trafford Centre. When you’ve had your fill of shopping and exploring, the city has hundreds of stunning places to eat and an incredible nightlife. There’s always something going on, from bands playing in the cities dozens of venues, big and small, to comedy nights, theatre, and everything in between. You’ll never be stuck for something to do or see.
From the ever-changing, bohemian Northern Quarter to Manchester’s Spinningfields, the city is incredibly varied, and with its strong rail and road links you’re never that far from the rest of the UK and everything that it has to offer.
Top 7 things to do in Manchester
1. The Royal Exchange – A fantastic theatre right in the heart of Manchester, perfectly placed for a cultured night out in a stunning location.
2. The Albert Hall – Another stunning building in the heart of Manchester that features arts, music, and comedy.
3. Manchester Academy – A quick walk-up Oxford Road and you’re in smaller more intimate venues that are great for comedy, gigs, and other shows.
4. Museum of Science and Industry – A wonderful day out for the family, the museum shows off Manchester’s proud industrial heritage.
5. Salford Quays – Museums, bars, Coronation Street, and the home of the BBC in the Northwest – wandering around the Quays is a great way to spend an afternoon, and it’s only a short tram ride from the middle of Manchester.
6. Spinningfields – home to many stylish shops, bars, and restaurants, Spinningfields is a fantastic place to head with mates or dates.
7. Northern Quarter – seemingly everchanging, there’s always something new or interesting opening up, home to tonnes of great little bars, boutique shops and Manchester’s famous Affleck’s Palace.
Parking in Manchester
Like a lot of cities, there’s little to no on-street parking in the centre, with car parking spaces across the city centre being in high demand. There are plenty of places to park, but in such a busy city spaces fill up quickly.
There is very limited free parking available within Manchester city centre and these spaces fill up quickly, and also operate short max stay windows. Many of the car parking options in Manchester can be pricey, with central locations charging anywhere from £25-35 per day, which makes them undesirable for commuters or families looking to make a day trip.
We’re on hand to help. Using our Evology Parking app we can help you easily find secure, affordable parking across Manchester.
Electric vehicle charging points in Manchester
Manchester is a city that’s embracing the next generation of travel, and that includes EVs.
We’re bringing the future of EV charging to Manchester – we make it easy for you to find our chargers, plug-in and pay. Our Evology charging network consists of a range of destination chargers meaning you can enjoy your visit to the city whilst easily charging your car.
- Locate EV chargers across Manchester
- Check the cost of charging in advance
- Easily pay for your charge session
- View charging progress whilst on the move
Disabled parking in Manchester
Manchester offers several disabled parking options, with Blue Badge holders permitted to park for free in council-managed car parks and on-street pay-and-display spots. By downloading the Evology parking app you can find out all the details for our car parks and check not only for accessible parking, but also which sites have accessible facilities on site or nearby.
Pre-booking your space in advance makes your journey smoother and takes away the stress of worrying about where to park.
Public transport in Manchester
Manchester is also home to some fabulous public transport links. Trains run in and out of the city all day, making commuting a doddle. But, if you want to drive in, one trick to beat the busy inner-city parking is to park further out and hop on the tram into the city centre.
The tram and bus network is huge, meaning you can get pretty much anywhere, and beat the traffic in the process.
Download our Evology Parking App today!
✓ Pay for parking in a way that suits you
✓ Pre-book your parking space in advance
✓ Plan your trips to cut down on stress
✓ Power over parking in the palm of your hand
Book your space
Easily book your parking space in advance
Park up & pay
Park up and pay across thousands of spaces
Easily find chargers
Find easy-to-use EV chargers across the city