Find and book
parking in Oxford
When you think of famous universities one of the names that immediately crops up is Oxford. This is a stunning city, home to incredible heritage, learning and culture. But like many student cities, parking is often at a premium.
We wanted to make sure that whether you’re looking to pre-book or simply searching for reliable pay and display space we could help.
Alongside thousands of car parking spaces, we are also building a reliable EV network, so it’s never been simpler to find somewhere to top up your battery.
Oxford is a centre for learning and is home to one of the world’s largest libraries, with over 120 MILES of shelving for books.
There’s more to the city than the university though. It’s a fantastic place to use as a base to explore the rest of the surrounding Cotswolds. Parts of the city and university campus are featured in the Harry Potter films, so if you’re a wizarding fan it’s full of fantastic locations to visit.
Whether you’re visiting to study, work or simply explore Oxford is a stunning place to get lost in.
Top 4 things to do in Oxford
1. Harry Potter Tours – Witches, wizards and muggles alike can explore locations from the Harry Potter film series with tours taking place that help you to find the most recognisable spots from Hogwarts and beyond.
2. The Cotswolds – Oxford is right on the edge of the Cotswolds and makes a fantastic city base to head out from to explore picturesque villages, thatched cottages and rolling fields.
3. Blenheim Palace – Blenheim Palace is one of the UK’s most stunning stately homes, with the palace and its grounds making an instant impression when you see them. You can visit for the day to explore or take a guided tour around the grounds.
4. Oxford University – The university dominates large portions of the city, as the UK’s oldest university there’s no shortage of stunning medieval buildings, gothic architecture and changing designs running throughout the campus. It’s also home to an incredible amount of history and famous alumni, which you can learn more about on one of the many campus tours that can help you explore properly.
Parking in Oxford
Like a lot of cities, there’s little to no on-street parking, with car parking spaces across the city centre being in high demand. There are still plenty of places to park, but spaces fill up quickly in such a busy city.
Finding somewhere to park, and somewhere affordable are very different things, with parking in Oxford being notoriously expensive. Luckily, we can help.
Using our Evology Parking app we can help you easily find secure, affordable parking across Oxford.
Electric vehicle charging points in Oxford
Oxford is a city that’s embracing the next generation of travel, and that includes EVs.
We’re bringing the future of EV charging to Oxford – we make it easy for you to find our chargers, plug-in and pay. Our Evology charging network consists of a range of destination chargers meaning you can enjoy your visit to the city whilst easily charging your car.
- Locate EV chargers across Oxford
- Check the cost of charging in advance
- Easily pay for your charge session
- View charging progress whilst on the move
Disabled parking in Oxford
Oxford offers several disabled parking options, with Blue Badge holders permitted to park for free in council-managed car parks and on-street pay-and-display spots. By downloading the Evology parking app you can find out all the details for our car parks and check not only for accessible parking but also which sites have accessible facilities on site or nearby.
Pre-booking your space in advance makes your journey smoother and makes sure you aren’t worrying about where to park.
Public transport in Oxford
Oxford is also home to some fabulous public transport links. Trains run in and out of the city all day and London isn’t far, making commuting a doddle. But, if you want to drive in, one thing to keep in mind is the inclusion of the Zero Emission Zone in the city centre, making it easier to park further out and make your way in using public transport.
Download our Evology Parking App today!
✓ Pay for parking in a way that suits you
✓ Pre-book your parking space in advance
✓ Plan your trips to cut down on stress
✓ Power over parking in the palm of your hand
Book your space
Easily book your parking space in advance
Park up & pay
Park up and pay across thousands of spaces
Easily find chargers
Find easy-to-use EV chargers across the city